hello fellow urbanists!
hereby some input for your projects.
In general some books, sites, designers and artists that could inspire you or keep you going:
- The project 'Urban Play' by Droog during Experimantadesign and look at the 'sunday adventureclub' project. (Eleni, the project of Maartje Dros contains dogs!)
- The work of John Kormerling : www.johnkormerling.nl
- The Endless city, book by Dejan Sudjic (derector design museun London). Book with lots of pictures, statistics, ect. About our modern urban age.
- Inside|Outside, Petra Blaisse, Designer who works a lot with fabrics, but also designs gardens, exhibitions and tiles. ( Fleur, she did a nice project in Villa Manin Italy with mirors and reflecting umbrella's). www.insideoutside.nl
- Spectacle, by Bruce Mau. Book about performance in the public and big publical hapenings around the world.
- Melle, mischien iets voor jou; ugly objects project by Natalya Pinchuk (www.natalyapinchuk.com).
- The 'stadsarchief amsterdam' (city archive) has a digital 'beeldbank' with pictures of the city and its history. Here you can find images of buildings, poeple and cityscape in old times. (iets voor jou Amanda?)
- Melina for you some intresting choreographers you can look into: Kriztina de Chatel, makes pieces with dancers, horses, factorybuildings, american footballplayers on nice lokations. Grupo de Rua is a nice dancegroup of dancers from the street. Conny janssen is a choreographer who is master in 'interhuman contact' in dance.
- Martijn Engelbrecht (www.egbg.nl) is an artist who works on stategics and other questionairs; Tom could be helpful for your approuch of the city.
- In general some nice (interactive)projects; The 'Veldkeuken' van Elmo Vermijs, The fishermanshouse of Joep van Lieshout, the work of ontwerpbureau 4 and guerillagardening.org.
so, this is all could think of for now.
have fun working!